Cole's Adventures in Riverview Chapter 8: The Life of a Rising Celebrity

It's time for Cole to head off to work! He's been doing so well that he's now a Starter. He makes §134/hr. Now he gets to carpool in a Vorn P328, a really cool truck.


As Cole was working, there was a commotion going on between Tom Shallow and this girl. That girl happened to be his daughter, MaryKay. Word has it that she's has a reputation of being Riverview's evil and selfish bully. Children are scared of her and teens, adults, and elders use caution when they attempt to talk to her. If she was a character from Charlie and The Chocolate Factory, she would be Veruca Salt.

"MaryKay Julia Shallow, what is the meaning of coming home late last night?!?! Your curfew is at 11 PM and you came home at 2 AM!!", Tom said as he scolded MaryKay.


"Daddy, I was out hanging around downtown! I can do whatever I want and you and Mommy have no control over me!", MaryKay said.

"Don't you dare take that tone with me, young lady!!! Your mother and I were extremely worried about you!! If you keep that attitude up, I'll take away your car keys for a few weeks!!!", Tom said.

"Oh, the joys of family drama," Kurt said as he watched his son and granddaughter argue.


After a hard day of work, Cole headed home. Little did he know that someone followed him home. Maybe they wanted a picture of him or an autograph?

What surprised Cole was that it was Tom who followed him home. All he was expecting was him to get a picture of him and then head home to his family. Surprisingly, he came inside his house, went into the bathroom and cleaned the toilet and sink.


After doing what he had to done in the bathroom, Tom headed inside Cole's bedroom and used the computer. Cole was fast asleep as this happened.


All right Tom. It's time that you headed home as you are exhausted. Thanks for stopping by though! Could this unexpected surprise be a sign that Tom wants to get to know Cole and eventually, Cole will start a connection with the Shallow Family? Looks like so! We'll see how it goes.


The next night, Cole was in downtown. He needed to get some recipe books as he's curious to learn more recipes.

He just finished shopping and decided to hang out for a bit. Mags Newbie, who is Robert's darling wife, noticed him and asked if she could get a picture of him. He agreed and posed for Mags. The life of a celebrity.


After Mags took his picture, Cole walked around and saw Robert. He thought he would go over and say hello to him.

"Hey Robert! Good to see you!", Cole said as he clapped his hands.

"Hey fellow teammate! Great to see you too!", Robert said.


Cole decided to reflect on celebrity life and today's workday.

"So how's life as a celebrity sports star going?"

"It's going great. The perks about being a celebrity are getting discounts at the stores and freebies in the mail."

"Same here! Love those discounts and freebies."


"Wasn't today's work day fantastic?"

"Oh yeah! There was a group of high students touring the stadium and they saw us practice. A few of your biggest fans recognized you and got pictures with you! You also gave them your autograph!"

"That's right! It makes my day whenever I see my fans!"


Feeling so pumped up, Cole decided to show Robert something out of the ordinary.

"Okay Robert! Are you ready to see something out of the ordinary?", Cole asked.

"Sure!", Robert said.


Cole grabbed some dirt from the ground and ate it. That shocked Robert.

"Whoa! Unbelievable!"

"Yum! That was good!"


Not only Robert was shocked, but he was also a bit disgusted.

"How are you so good at this? If I did it myself, I'd get a stomachache!"

"Let's just say that I have a cast iron stomach!"


Now the two decided to talk about their favorite foods.

"You want to know what my favorite food is?"

"What is it?"

"Spaghetti. I love spaghetti with tomato sauce and it's even better with meatballs!"


"That's nice! My #1 favorite food is fish and chips. I am a big fan of seafood!"

"Yum! Since you love seafood, I bet you love fishing."

"I love fishing with a passion. All the fish I catch during my fishing trip I would bring them home for my sweet Mags to fry up. She's a fantastic chef."

"That sounds like fun! Speaking of Mags, I just saw her a while ago and because I am a celebrity, she got a picture of me. You're lucky to have a beautiful wife who loves to cook!"


Both Cole and Robert are now friends! A wish came up that Cole should give Robert a friendly hug. That's a great idea because they became friends and they should celebrate with a hug!


Wow! After the two hugged, Cole learned that both he and Robert are friendly!

"Hey, we're both friendly!", Cole said.

"Indeed we are, my friend!", Robert said.


Cole headed home so that he can learn the recipe for cookies. He recently got an opportunity that will allow him to utilize his cooking skill. A teacher and her class at Truelong Community School are having a bake sale and Cole was invited to participate. He has to bake two group servings of cookies and deliver them to the school. A cash reward will be waiting for him.


All right! He just finished reading the book and he can now bake cookies!


He went straight to work and made two group servings of cookies.


30 minutes passed and Cole finished baking. The bake sale will be phenomenal with these cookies!

Author's Note

MaryKay Shallow can be a handful, right? For those of you who played TS3 since its release, what are your thoughts on her?

I get that Sims want to follow a celebrity Sim home to get a picture or an autograph. What happened with Tom was unexpected.

Comments