Cole's Adventures in Riverview Chapter 9: A Big Moment

The last time we saw Cole, he baked cookies for a bake sale at Truelong Community School. He delivered them there and got his cash reward.

Cole is currently at the Country Care General Hospital, giving a seminar on healthy living. That was an opportunity that was given to him and a reward was a raise in his salary.

Outside of the hospital, there are Tom and June Shallow. Tom was freaking out over something. That can imply that he has the neurotic trait or if he doesn't have it, then he might be scared of something happening to a nearby Sim.


After Tom's little freak out, he and June decided to kiss for a bit. How sweet. Even though the Shallows are evil and feel miserable most of the time, at least we get to see the good side of them.


A few minutes later, Cole finished his seminar and he walked out seeing Tom freaking out again. That drew his and the crowd's attention. 


Kurt saw Cole and asked if he can get a picture of him. Cole agreed and posed for him. By the way he's thinking about a sandwich, he's probably hungry for one.


After Kurt took his picture, Cole noticed his boss, Angel, and he decided to do a silly face at him. Behind Cole, Tom was feeling excited that he's seeing Cole again.


After they made some silly faces together, they talked about the movies they've seen in the past weekend.


Wow, lots of people are recognizing Cole! Two ladies, Ginny McDermott and Raquel McLaughlin (a game generated Sim), got pictures of him.



"Muahahaha. These people don't know what's coming to them!", June said in a scheming voice.

"Time to scare my June!", Tom said as he prepared to scare his sweetheart.


"BOOO!!!!", Tom said.

"AHHHHHH! Honey!!!", June said as she got startled.

"Gotcha again!"


I think it's time that Cole introduced himself to Tom. After learning all about the Shallows and their crazy family drama, he's ready. Wish him luck that he won't fall into the Shallows' evil schemes.

"Okay, I heard that the Shallows are evil and tend to cause drama around Riverview. It's time to be myself, say hello to Tom and try to become friends with him," Cole said and proceeded to greet Tom.

"Hi! You must be Tom Shallow! I'm Cole Prescott, Riverview's soon to be superstar athlete. You followed me home two nights ago and unexpectedly went inside my house!"


"THE Cole Prescott?? The famous athlete? Finally! Let me get a picture of you!", Tom said and went behind Cole and took a picture of him.

As Tom took the picture, Cole couldn't help but be excited for tonight. He has been invited to yet another party!


"AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!", Tom said as he freaked out for a third time.

"What's wrong Tom?", Cole said.

"I was fishing the other day and I was so close to getting a rare fish, but it got away!! I'm still freaking out over that!"

"I'm sorry to hear that. Hope the next time you go fishing and you get a rare fish, be sure to reel the fishing line in as fast as you can!"


"I'll remember that. Aside from that, you said that I unexpectedly went inside your house. I must apologize for that. I have a tendency to walk into celebrity homes uninvited. I also have a tendency to look through the windows of other people's houses."

"That's understandable and looking through windows? That's creepy."

"I have this bad habit of looking through windows and seeing what the people inside are up to."

"Wow. Anyway, you already know what I do for a living. What do you do for a living?"

"I work in the business career as a report processor at the Doo Peas Corporate Towers."

"The Doo Peas Corporate Towers? Hey, that's not far from my workplace, which is the Llama Memorial Stadium!"

"That's right. By the way, my father is the one who forced me into this career. I wanted to work in a different career."

"Oh I see. If you want, I can give you options for different career paths you can pursue."

"No that's okay. I'll eventually learn to appreciate it."

"All right then. Suit yourself."



As the two were talking, Cole remembered the first day he saw Tom.

"Oh, a few days ago, I was at the Azalea Acres Community Garden and while I was harvesting plants, I think I saw you witnessing a fight. Do you know those people who were involved in the fight?"



"Oh really? That would be my dad fighting my wife, June. You must forgive us. My dad has a big issue with June because he's a gold digger and it bothered him so much to learn that she's a gold digger too. He's concern that she'll take advantage of me. Also, June and I aren't in good terms as my mother forced me into marrying her and somehow, I feel as if she isn't taking our marriage seriously. Finally, my children, MaryKay and Dallas, aren't living up to my expectations. In general, I'm not a happy nor a satisfied person."

"Oh my. Life in the Shallow Family must be sad and miserable. As for your mom forcing you to marry June, seriously?? You could've gotten to know her before making the final move."



As Tom and Cole were talking, Meadow Carpenter-Rhodes started to play on her guitar and people gathered around to watch her performance.

"Everything you said is true and yeah, I should've gotten to know June before I can decide whether to marry her or not. Otherwise we wouldn't have this problem. On the bright side, she and I are taking baby steps and we're working things out."

"Good to hear."

"Say, after talking with you, you're a nice and friendly guy. I hope we become friends so that you can bring some of that sunshine to our family. We really need a lot of it because for years, we had miserable lives and everyone seems scared to become friends with us."

"You're not bad yourself. I get that because of your evil personalities, people are hesitant to come up to you and your family. My parents told me that if I ever meet an evil person, try to get on their good side and not provoke them. By provoking people, that can create unwanted enemies. They also told me that if I said something that bores someone or they don't like it, then I apologize for that."

"That some wise words. You have great parents. I wish my parents were as nice as yours."

"Why thank you Tom! I appreciate that."



Moments later, he went up to his friend Aiden and greeted him.

"Hey Aiden! Nice to see you!", Cole said as he shook Aiden's hand.

"Nice to see you too! Hope you are having a good day," Aiden said.


"My day's going great! I just finished giving a seminar!"

"Cool! What's the seminar about?"

"It's all about healthy living. I've gave some tips on how to live a healthy life like exercising daily and eating a balanced meal. It's important to live healthy!"

"That's a great topic! Everyone who attended should follow your healthy living tips!"



"I know this may sound like a boring question, but any idea of what the weather will be like tomorrow?"

"According to the weather forecast, there's a 50% - 60% chance that it will rain."

"Oh no! That means I have to stay inside tomorrow."



"Don't worry! The good news is that it won't rain the whole day! It'll only rain during the morning hours. When you hear the rain stop, you should be able to see the sun behind the clouds!"

"That's great to hear! Tomorrow afternoon, I'll be jogging around town!"


Cole has been hearing all about the symphonies, movies and plays at the theater. He hasn't had the opportunity to attend one because of his work schedule. He asked Aiden for his recommendations.

"Have you been to the theater recently? I've been wanting to go there to catch a movie or play, but I really don't have a chance because of my work schedule."


"A few days ago, Hannah and I went to the theater and watched a movie called Love and Truffles. It's a foreign romance film and I enjoyed watching it so much that I consider it one of my favorites!"

"That sounds like a great film! When it's showing at the theater, I'll go watch it!"


"By the way, did you know that Hannah is a celebrity like you?"

"She is? What are her thoughts on being famous?"

"She loves living the life as a celebrity because she gets noticed and she gets freebies and discounts. The only thing that annoys her is the paparazzi. I worry that they'll make up stories about her and she'll get falsely accused for something she didn't do. One time, she got falsely accused of fighting in public. We had to go to city hall and sue for slander. We won the case and got money, but it costed a lot to pay the legal fees."

"That's terrible. I've been falsely accused of getting arresting a few times. Thankfully when I sued, I also won and got money."


It was getting dark soon and it's about an hour before the party is scheduled to start. Cole didn't want to be late, so he told Aiden that he had to leave for the party. Aiden waved goodbye and told him to have fun.

As Cole left for the party, Meadow continued to entertain the crowd with her impressive guitar performance.


Cole has arrived to the party and saw that everyone is in their swimwear. He changed into his swimming trunks and headed inside to join the others. Billy, along with a few others, were watching Lee perform on his guitar and Cole joined them.

"Great music, isn't it Billy?", Cole asked.

"It sure is, Cole! Lee's such a talented person!", Billy said.


Everyone seemed to enjoy Lee's performance. That's the power of the virtuoso trait!

Earlier, when Cole hanged out at the hospital after he gave the seminar, he was able to listen to Meadow's guitar performance. Now he watching Lee's guitar performance! Cole was able to catch two guitar performances in one day! What a treat!


After having fun at the party, Cole came home to a surprise! As a perk of being a celebrity, he's entitled to freebies. A household appliance company has sent him a free refrigerator! 

Comments